.

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

LSC essays

LSC essays When deciding on a place for my science trip, I knew the perfect place would be the Liberty Science Center, located in Jersey City, New Jersey. I went there often as a child, so I already knew that there was a great deal to learn there. What I didn't realize was how much it had been updated since I was there last. There are so many advances going on in science and technology, it's all so amazing. What surprised me most, is that even at age 19, I still had as much fun there as I did when I was 9. When I got first arrived at the science center, I was so overwhelmed I didn't know where to go first. The center has three floors, each with a different theme - Invention, Health, and Environment. It is also home to the nation's largest IMAX movie screen. I decided to check out one floor at a time, and later try to see a show. First I visited the Environment Floor. This was my least favorite of all the floors. The first exhibit I looked at was calledThe Estuary.? This had many different tanks filled with fish that normally dwell in the lower Hudson River. Next I visited the solar telescope. I walked inside what the Science Center calls their lighthouse, and found that they have an actual solar telescope mounted on their roof. From this telescope I saw images of the sun's surface. The next exhibit I visited was call the Bug Zoo, unfortunately I didn't stay there long. It was filled with tanks holding cockroaches, millipedes, and even honeybees, along with a small greenhouse. I was very uncomfortable there. I then visited The Rock Wall. Here they asked me to try to climb a wall, just like professional rock climbers do. It's a lot harder then it looks, and I didn't get very far. Before I left the floor I last visited a gallery calledA Question of Truth?, which was divided into four exhibits. A t first one, Point of View, I learned some beliefs and customs of different cultures. For example, although we believe that ...

No comments:

Post a Comment